|Director||Andrew V. McLaglen|
|Key Cast||John Wayne, Maureen O’Hara, Patrick Wayne, Stefanie Powers, Jack Kruschen, Chill Wills|
|MPAA Rating||Not Rated|
John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara team up in this Brawling Western.
Considered a western movie version of “The Taming of the Shrew”, “McLintock is a light-hearted movie with lots of action – brawls, gunfire, mud fights and comedy.
After two years of being away, Katherine McLintock (Maureen O’Hara) returns to her husband’s cattle ranch. She left her husband, George Washington McLintock (John Wayne), and went East to spend more time around “cultured” people.
George McLintock” (John Wayne) is a larger-than-life cowboy with a larger-than-life personality. He is a drinking and fighting cattle rancher who even has the local town named after him. When McLintock and Katherine are together sparks fly!
Katherine made sure that their daughter, Becky McLintock (Stephanie Powers), went to school in the East in order to get her away from cowboys and cattle ranchers. When Becky starts being courted by the housekeeper’s son, Devlin Warren (Patrick Wayne), and Matt Douglas Jr. (Jerry Van Dyke), Katherine feels it is her job to intervene and wants her husband’s help.
Meanwhile, the Comanches are stirred up because the government wants to put an Indian agent over them. They want the powerful McLintock to stop the government, so as to avoid a conflict between the Comanches and local settlers. The last thing McLintock needs is a major conflict between the two!
All of this action takes a light-hearted tone making for a great, relaxed western movie starring John Wayne and two of his real-life children – son Patrick Wayne as Devlin Warren and young daughter Aissa as Alice Warren.
• “McLintock!” was the first film that John Wayne’s film production company “Batjac” made after the movie “The Alamo.” The general belief is that because Wayne had gotten into so much financial debt making “The Alamo,” he needed a movie that he knew would become an easy box office success. Wayne was right because “McLintock” made millions.
• The most famous scene in “McLintock!” is the mud fight scene. However, the muddy mess is not really dirt and water, it is bentonite which is a type of commercial clay that has a dark brown color. According to production records, it took almost a week to film this one scene in the movie.
• John Wayne has two children appear in “McLintock!” His son, Patrick plays the role Devlin Warren and his daughter Aisse makes a cameo appearance as a child named Alice Warren. John Wayne’s son, Michael Wayne, was the producer for this western under the auspices of Batjac Productions which was a production company owned by Wayne.
• James Edward Grant wrote the screenplay for “McLintock.” Grant is credited with writing 58 scripts for movies and television shows during his career. He wrote the original screenplay for Wayne’s previous western to this one “The Alamo” and wrote scripts for numerous other cowboy westerns including “Hondo”, “The Comancheros,” “The Last Wagon,” “Angel and the Badman,” and “The Sheepman.” Grant won an Academy Award for his screenplay for the comedy western “The Sheepman.” He also won two Western Heritage Awards for his writing for “The Alamo” and “The Comancheros.”
• “McLintock” was filmed on location in Arizona near Nogales, Tombstone and Tucson.
John Wayne and Maureen O’ Hara co-star in this brawling western with gunfights, mud fights and all sorts of cowboy drama!
McLintock Blu-Ray Disc
This Blu-Ray disc version of McLintock has excellent picture quality and extra bonus features.
Instant Download | Streaming
McLintock Western Instant Download
Why wait? You can watch “McLintock” right now by instantly downloading it. Click the Shop Instant Button for details.
Join Our Mailing List
We keep your information private and do not sell or share our mailing list with anyone else. Also, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.