|Key Cast||John Wayne, Stuart Whitman, Ina Balin, Nehemiah Persoff, Lee Marvin, Michael Ansara, Patrick Wayne, Bruce Cabot|
|Genre(s)||Western, Action, Adventure, Romance|
“The Comancheros” stars John Wayne as Captain Cutter of the Texas Rangers.
Paul Regret (Stuart Whitman) is an outlaw gambler who is wanted for killing another man in a gun duel. Captain Cutter (John Wayne) is a Texas Ranger who has been sent to arrest Regret in Galveston and escort him to Louisiana.
Along the way, Regret escapes, but before Cutter can track him back down he is reassigned to another, more pressing assignment.
Cutter is sent undercover as a gun smuggler, so that the Texas Rangers can capture a group called the Comancheros who are illegally selling guns to the Comanche Indians in the area.
While undercover, Cutter’s path crosses again with outlaw Paul Regret. Now Paul Regret and Captain Cutter find themselves unexpectedly linked together in the covert search to capture and stop “The Comancheros.” It is an uneasy alliance, but both men realize that they need each other if they are going to stay alive.
The last film for director, Michael Curtiz, “The Comancheros” is a fast-paced, action western.
• “The Comancheros” is based on the novel of the same name by Paul Wellman that was originally published in 1952. Wellman was well-known for his many books about the Wild West. He has had six of his novels and stories made into movies.
• John Wayne helped co-direct “The Comancheros” even though he didn’t receive official credit for it. The director, Michael Curtiz, was seriously ill during the shooting and John Wayne would fill in when Curtiz was unable to direct. Shortly after the film was released, Michael Curtiz passed away from cancer. John Wayne refused to receive credit for helping to direct the film.
• The location scenes for “The Comancheros” were film in Moab, Utah.
• “The Comancheros” won the 1962 Western Heritage Bronze Wrangler Award for Best Theatrical Motion Picture. This award is given to only one film per year.
The Comancheros DVD
John Wayne stars in this action western as a Texas Ranger who goes undercover in order to find out who has been illegally selling guns to the Comanche Indians. The renegade group selling the guns are called “The Comancheros.” This western won the coveted Western Heritage Bronze Wrangler Award for Best Motion Picture in 1962.
The Comancheros on Blu-Ray DiscWatch John Wayne’s western “The Comancheros” with the superior video and audio quality of Blu-ray.
This Blu-ray Disc has additional film material, including a special documentary about John Wayne.
• The Duke At Fox – A Two-Part Documentary
• Audio Commentary by Stuart Whitman, Nehemiah Persoff, Michael Ansara and Patrick Wayne
• and more!
DVD Set - John Wayne: The Fox Westerns Collection
John Wayne: The Fox Westerns Collection DVD Set
This John Wayne DVD set contains four Wayne cowboy movies starring the iconic western hero himself. The movies in this exclusive collection are: • The Comancheros • The Big Trail • North to Alaska • The Undefeated
Join Our Mailing List
We keep your information private and do not sell or share our mailing list with anyone else. Also, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.